Hello Fall!

Hey Everyone! Oh my! It's September...How did that happen so fast?!

I'm looking forward to comfy sweaters and warm drinks. What are you looking forward to this fall?

I thought I would make some acorn treat holders to hand out to a few friends as we welcome fall, later this month. I used the new DCWV & Lia Griffith Fall Acorns stack from Joann stores.


The patterns are already die cut, so all I had to do was pop them out of the stack and  assemble them.
I love to have something to do while I watch TV and these Acorns got assembled during a  Downton Abby marathon :) 

A couple tips:
1. Use a pencil to curl the ends of the acorn tops for a 'cuter' look.
2. I found hot glue to be the best adhesive option. Use tweezers while assembling to avoid burning fingers.

Embellishing the Acorn tops was SO much fun!
 Probably the best part of the whole process. 
I used beads, buttons, wood veneer and wire from my stash. 



Next, fill with your favorite treats. I opted for Brach's Autumn Mix and Mega M&Ms. 



Now, let's hope I can keep my hands off the treats :) 

What would you put in these?

Comments

  1. These acorn treats are so adorable! You really embellished them perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop