DCWV & Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Winter Blog Hop





Welcome to the DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft® Winter blog hop! Both blogs will be sharing fun winter projects featuring products from both companies! Check in each day on both blogs for chances to win lots of fabulous prizes!

I created this mini album for the hop :)  

 

using some of these products:


I used the Christmas Creations stack for the cover. I gave the hat lots of texture and shine by mixing Faber Castle Design Memory Craft Glass Bead Glitter Gel and Whipped Spackle.

  

I used a thick dry brush to give it texture and fanned it out on the edges to keep the soft look. 


 

Inside the covers there are pages of different sizes. I'll add photos, journaling and memorabilia after Christmas :) 

 

This snowflake is a piece of the Christmas and Winter 180 stack. I gave it a 'snowy' look by adding the mixture of Glass Beads and Whipped Spackle. It's thinner paper, but the media didn't wrinkle or buckle it.

 

I covered the left page in chalkboard paint on both sides. I can add a photo and doodle around it  with chalkboard markers. The right page is Canvas. I used a red Gelato to draw the frame and used a brush with water to color it in. I didn't bother to do the middle, as it will be covered by a photo anyway. I cut a strip of DCWV gem sheets to go around the frame and added cut out cards from the DCWV Candy Cane Lane stack on both sides. 




The other side of the canvas and inside of the back cover. I doodled with the red Gelato and wet brush again. This time, I added a DCWV mirror star and gems. The back cover is from the DCWV Christmas Creations stack. I added my daughter's name to dedicate the album to her. I'll add a family photo to the right of the present.  Thanks to Basically Bare for the album!

I hope this mini gets you in the mood for some Holiday crafting!
Thanks for hopping along and good luck!


Comments

  1. FABULOUS mini album Karla!!!
    LOVE the sparkle & texture on the fluffy edges of the hat!!!
    Looks like you have lots of pretty pages inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazingly creative way to store some holiday memories. You've really outdone yourself here with all your layers and layers. AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album is beautiful. Santa's hat looks so real.
    Great to have your album ready to insert your memories.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you have been busy. Fun and creative album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute mini album.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project. Thanks for sharing with us your design ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun mini album! I love that snowflake, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun album!
    Love all the different
    types of material in
    it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely album :-D I like it a lot! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! Love the cover and the different sizes inside! Great paper collection! Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how pretty and festive!! I must have some of that Glass Bead Glitter Gel!!!! LOVE what you have done here.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    GIVEAWAY at www.HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable...I love minis. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great album for your christmas memories thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karla great album forchristmas and thankyou for the tutorial on how you made it love the papers elements and gelato uses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful details on your album!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karla, your album cover with all the FC glitter gel and textures is stunning in itself but your added bonus of different sized pages and elements inside makes it spectacular!! I am pinning this! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...Great job on your album. I never thought to add different size pages - I like that idea! Love all the details and Christmas colors. Thanks for sharing with us! Lynn G.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice album. so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never made a mini-album before but it looks interesting and something worth trying out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fun and festive mini album! Your daughter will treasure it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop