It's a Tradition!

We dress up the dogs and take pictures every Christmas. They know they'll get some treats afterwards so they put up with it ;)
 I REALLY really liked the pictures  from this last Christmas. So I'm still working on scrapping them whenever I'm in the mood to do a Holiday LO. 
I used the new DCWV templates to do some of the background work. 


The background is actually a sheet of bright green canvas with a sheet of white self adhesive fabric on top. It makes it a pretty minty green color :) 


I used gesso with the frames template and  I used Tsukineko Goosebumps with the Quatrefoil template. 


The goosebumps definitely work better on paper than they do on fabric but they still left a pretty shine. You can zoom in on the picture to get a better look It's right on the top and bottom of the Ho Ho Ho paper. 

The different textures just add a little something to the LO. 

This was going to be just a LO but there was so much texture and dimension, I thought it deserved to be displayed. So, I made it a decoration piece instead. 

Here's a little close up :) 

The embellishments on the page are all cut outs from the stack (except for the flair). 
The gold frame is cream colored self adhesive fabric colored with gold mist. 

This is the Jolly Whimsy Stack. A super cute Christmas stack!


Comments

  1. awesome way to use the stencils! love your page and that sweet photo :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mix of elements here, the banner with the house, and the layering of frames. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop