All About the Journaling

Turkey was the biggest surprise in the Mediterranean cruise my husband and I took 2 years ago. I thought I wasn't going to like it as much as other more 'famous' places like Athens or Venice. However, Turkey had the nicest, most polite and respectful people. Istanbul and Kusadasi  were the cleanest and most friendly of all our stops. 

It was funny because a year later my husband and I were trying to get a group picture in times square in New York and even though there were many, many people all around us, only one person offered to help us get a picture. He was Turkish.

Anyway...back to the story here. My husband and I were walking out of the port in Istanbul and we weren't really sure how to get to the tram stop, but we knew it was walking distance. So we just started walking, we noticed we were being followed so my husband turned around to look. It was an older man, he smiled and told my husband "yeah, I'm following you. I wasn't sure which way to go and I said "that guy looks like he knows where he's going.'" haha! So we started talking and walking.

His name is Johannes, he's from South Africa and was exploring Istanbul on his own because his wife had been there a few times already so she stayed on the ship. After we got to the tram station we couldn't figure out how to work the machine because it was only in Turkish, so a nice security guard helped us purchase our   tokens.Johannes snapped this picture for us and we rode with him to the tourist information center to get some maps. After that, we parted ways and he went off exploring on his own. 

 

On our way back to the ship, we were hoping to bump into him again and wonded if he made it back safely. We saw him the next day and met his wife. He told us about his adventure in Istanbul. He stopped traffic for an old man who was crossing trying to cross the street. In return, the man offered to show him around the city and take him over the bridge to the part of Istanbul that's in Asia.What a cool adventure! 

The moral of the story:  Its nice to have someone help you out :) 

Thanks for visiting ;) 

Supplies: 
DCWV: 
Coral Couture Stack 
Ledger stack 6x12 
Cardstock quotes (warm brights) 

American Crafts: 
Dear Lizzy date stamp 
Everywhere Thickers 

Recollections camera washi tape 

The paper bakery-You've Been Geotagged Flair Set 

Maya Road- Capture this memory from tags rub-ons






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop