Ready for Thanksgiving?!



Ok, so you can give thanks any time of the year, but these papers are perfect for a thanksgiving card.
I know its early but might as well start now and be ready :)

I wonder who will get this one in November?!....hmmm....

This is the Autumn Melody stack by DCWV. The embellishments are from the matching embellishment pack I cut out the journaling tag from one of the tags in the stack. The 'ribbons' are thin pieces of paper. the leaves are actually ribbon from May Arts :) 

Here's how I made the easel card: 

 
The base is 10x5. I scored the base at 5" and 7.5" 
Then I folded: 


 
Then I cut a 5x5 piece for the front 

The front gets attached only to the top flap. make sure you put glue on the flap only, in case you forget (like I did) and go around the whole 5x5 square! lol


 To keep the rosette in place: I punched out 2 circles and glued them on the front and back of the rosette using a fast drying liquid glue. I held in to it for a couple minutes and then set it aside to dry. I glued the sticker right on the rosette using some more liquid glue on the little ridges under the sticker. 


Easel cards are my favorite! I love that they are simple to make and they are made to be displayed, not just put away in a drawer. When I give an easel card, I usually tie it with ribbon or wrap a matching paper around it. No point in hiding it in an envelope! 


Hope you enjoyed! 



Comments

  1. Hi Karla, this is really elegant, the rich colours are fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just saw a link to your blog via the DCWV blog and am so happy I did! Love the colors on your card and I am always on the lookout for interesting cuts and folds for cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop