Perfect pear page

I had some pear paper, came accross a pear stamp and decided it was too much coincidence!

I chose a  picture I love and here's what I came up with. The color of the background paper was a little dark and distressed so I used a black and white picture and distressed a lot of the elements on the page. It was missing a little something, so I took out my little sewing machine and sewed on some strips of fabric. I gathered them as I went and I'm happy with how it turned out. I can't believe I had this little machine way in the back of my shelf gathering dust! I think there will be more stitching in my projects from now on!

The picture is from our recent trip to france. We were in bordeaux standing close the the mirroir d'eau. It was raining that day so we decided to take b&w pictures.

lol my journaling is so crooked! I need to work on that!

I used perfect pearl powders on the small pears as well as the pear images on the paper. In real life, they have a shimmer to them. You can't see that in the pictures :(





the 'together' clip was so white, I used some brown ink and applied it with my finger, so easy! the shimmery copper ink is a brilliance pad.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Hi Karla - I love the soft colours on this beautiful layout, and the stitched fabric is so pretty.
    Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog.
    Best wishes, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

DCWV and Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Christmas with Clear Scraps & DCWV

Spring Fling Blog Hop